...this blog captures in order the albums as I pull these gems off the shelf and groove to them .....

Friday, February 24, 2012

XTC - Mummer (1983)

XTC - Mummer, 1983 Remastered

  Mummer was the 6th album released by England's Alternative Psych-Rock Popsters and was the comeback album for Andy Partridge who had previously suffered a mental breakdown and led to XTC's retirement from touring in fact!   Mummer was an album that sounds very much like a more pop-friendly album with tons of soothing type sounds and songs.  "Wonderland" was the song and "Deliver Us From The Elements" that really made me at first take notice of this album which I bought way back when as a delete vinyl album !

  I dont think Mummer is the album that most fans of XTC will cite as their fav, but for me it is a great bit of pop and rock for my ears.  I think in many ways the band really had a complete album in Mummer and had some awesome musical moments.

No comments: